Most Popular Products
|Home||» Products||» Cryolite Chemicals||» Sodium Cryolite|
Product Code : 09
Sodium Cryolite is a white or pinkish crystalline powder made from sodium carbonate, hydrofluoric acid and aluminum. It is widely used in the electrolytic production of aluminum as it lowers down the melting point of alumina. Sodium Cryolite is used in the glass and enamel industries in bonded abrasives as a filler and in making salts of sodium and porcelaneous glass of insecticides. It consider a safe fruit and vegetable insecticide. To fulfill all the requirements of our customers, we pack this product in different packaging options at market leading rates.
- Sp.gr.2.95—3.01g/cm3, melting point about 1000°C,
- Specific heat 1.056j/g°C at 18—100°C.
- this chemical is slightly soluble in water, but insoluble in anhydrous hydrogen fluoride. Its content is crystal water will be decreased at the time of increasing of the molecular ratio, thus its loss on ignition will be also decreased at the time of increasing of the molecular ratio.
- After the paste of synthetic cryolite with various molecular ratio dehydrates, the loss on ignition at 800°C will appear 10.34%, 6.22% and 2.56% when the molecular ratio reaches 1.74, 2.14 and 2.63 reactively.
- Used as a flux in the aluminum smelting by fused-salt electrolysis;
- Used as an opalizer in the manufacture of enamel;
- Used as an opacifier and auxiliary solvent of glass and enamel;
- used as an insecticide of crops; a flux in aluminum alloy casting;
- In the production of ferrous alloy & effervescing steel;
- Used as a wear-resistant filler for resin and rubber-boned abrasive wheels.
- Used in the making of aluminum alloy,milky white glass and boiling steel.
- Main Export Market(s)
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- Main Domestic Market
- All India